Saturday, March 13, 2010

Florida #2

Finally, a beautiful day in Florida!!!!! Bright sunshine, and about 70 degrees. It was windy, so that made it feel much cooler than it really was, but we still have the worn-out, been-in-the-sun-all-day feeling right now. In fact, it's only about 8:20 and we're ready to head to bed! We pretty much spent all day on the beach. Camden took one long three hour nap (the second half of it was with me after I came inside after being hit HARD by a football while I lay serenely in the sand soaking up my personal time - not cool) and we enjoyed a mid-afternoon lunch at a restaurant called The Beach House and spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach. Camden started saying (with his mouth, not just the signs) "more," "book" and "poo poo" today! Pretty fun to see him adding to his vocabulary! Enjoy these photos!

The water is freezing!!! I didn't know Florida water got this cold! brrr!
Our little path to the beach...
Scott went for a nice long run on the beach...
Our family...
Swimming in the pool (which we did twice today!)
He is one cool dude!
Camden got his own water and wouldn't let us help him drink it!
We also ordered him a little kids meal for the first time ever today (usually we just share our meals with him) and it came with an ice cream! He was very excited, but wasn't very good at sharing it with me!
We found a little playground after lunch...
Back to the beach...
Camden had fun chasing the birds on the beach...
I was very content in the sun...
Eating dinner on the couch...
Our little patio with the path to the beach...
Yes...Camden had ice cream twice today. Scott and I didn't get much the first time around, so we went out before Camden's bedtime and got some for ourselves (we just shared a little with Camden)...
After trying one ice cream place yesterday that is hailed as the "best desserts in the greater Tampa area" we were pretty disappointed with our experience and thought we'd try this other place we had passed. We like Tyler's better!
It's been a wonderful day, but we're tired and are off to bed! We're hoping that with the time change Camden will start sleeping until 5:30 instead of 4:30...we're not keeping our fingers crossed though. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Glad you're having so much fun! I was jealous when I saw that photo of you on Lenore's phone! What fun! We loved the play tonight! Hope the nice weather continues for you! Love, mom

Jessica Griz said...

I LOVE the picture of his toes!!!! I wish I was in sunny FL, it has been nothing but cloudy here!!!!

Jessica Griz said...

(oh p.s. I changed my blog over to blogger, and so the link is a little different fyi)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...