Today is my mom's birthday. She has had quite a year this year and it was so wonderful to be able to celebrate this special day with her! As most of you know, she was diagnosed with breast cancer last fall and it was a very challenging year in many ways. She had surgery in December and has made an incredible recovery since then. She is a new woman in so many ways - she eats completely organic and all-natural and has cut many of her favorite things out of her diet, she exercises every day, she has more energy than ever before and is living life to the fullest. My mom has always seemed to squeeze as many fun things into a day as possible and has always made time for the students she works with and her family, and these traits are even stronger now. She is truly an inspiration to so many people - including me. As hard as it is to believe, I actually often forget what a crazy year we all had. She seems healthier than ever and I have to remind myself that she even had cancer in the first place.
Thanks for setting such a great example for us, Mom. You really are amazing and I hope that I can handle the trials that I face in life with as much grace and confidence as you have! I know this coming year is going to be an amazing one for you!!! :) I love you!
We had a great time walking around Farm Days at Musterfield Farm today with my parents and Clara. This is one of my favorite places and it's so fun to bring Camden to these types of things now that he's old enough to really explore and enjoy it! After Farm Days, my mom, sister and I enjoyed a lunch date all by ourselves which is very rare and always very fun!
Here are some pictures from our fun, adventurous day...
Camden loved all the old tractors (not like this should surprise anyone...he's obsessed!)...
Ami cranking away helping make homemade ice cream. This woman running the tent thought Clara was her daughter and couldn't believe my mom was a grandmother! Clara says very proudly, "She's my grandma and she does yoga everyday!" Needless to say, the woman was very impressed!
Camden and Daddy watching a hand-hewn timber framing demonstration (or something like that!)...
Camden tries it out himself...
Ami and her grandkids...they love her to pieces!
The hayride crew...
Camden in the old school house...
Cousins...
Love him!
The end of summer...
...and the beginning of fall...
I don't have any pictures of our girls lunch, but here are some pictures from hanging out at Nancy and Steve's new house this afternoon. They have such a beautiful and peaceful backyard...I love it!
My sister made my mom this bracelet for her birthday. There are lots of things to say YES to...health, happiness, LIFE!
The dwindling days of summer...
Camden and Pop wrestling...
Uncle Brian gave Camden a ride around the yard on a big piece of cardboard...it was quite a hit!
Happy Birthday, Mom! Glad we could share this day together! I love you!
3 comments:
What a sweet post. There's no one like a mom, that's for sure!
Linds, what a great post and GREAT pictures! That last one of Mom is gorgeous! Yeah for a great Birthday day, Mom!
Thanks for a beautiful post, Linds! I just reread. Don't know why I didn't comment the first time... love you!
Post a Comment