Other than all getting sick with some sort of 24 hour bug (ugh!), we have been enjoying a wonderful vacation together this week! We had a fun family day on Thursday in the Upper Valley. We started off the morning at our wonderful pediatrician's office. Camden had his 2.5 year check up and Micah had his 5 months. We all LOVE Dr. T and even though Camden hadn't seen her in about six months he was SO excited to go. He totally showed off for her and I swear we didn't prep him. He sang his little song that shows that he knows all the sounds each letter makes in the alphabet ("The A says a, the B says b..."). He sang nursery rhymes. He did a puzzle. He did his 180˚ jumps. He balanced on one foot ("We don't usually check that until 5, but OK!"). He talked her ear off and answered all of her questions. I was simultaneously so proud of him and somewhat embarrassed because she probably thinks we're crazy parents drilling him in all of this everyday. We aren't. I promise. When she checked him out up on the table he totally complied with everything she asked him to do and as soon as she was done one thing, he'd say, "What's next?" (Over and over again..!).
Camden weighs 33 lbs = 70th percentile, is 37 inches tall = 75th% and his head circumference is 20 inches - 85th%.
Micah has seen a lot of Dr. T in his short little lifetime. We follow an alternative vaccination schedule and spread out his vaccines more than the typical schedule does. As a result, Micah sees Dr. T once a month. She is always so helpful and spends so much time with you. (She generally spends about an hour with us every time we go.) She is very respectful of different opinions and ideas and is always willing to have a conversation with you (which was not the case with other pediatricians we met with before Camden was born). Needless to say, we love Dr. Turkington. Micah was his usual, happy self for her. She is always commenting on how "social" he is (smiling, making eye contact, watching who is talking etc...). He even showed her how he knows how to sit up! He's growing like a champ weighing in at 17 lbs 14 oz - 75th percentile, 28 inches tall - 95th % and a head circumference of 18 inches - 95th percentile.
After a successful time at the pediatrician's office, we headed to the Montshire Museum. We practically had the place to ourselves! Camden had SO much fun, although I'm still not sure if Camden or Daddy were more interested in all the exhibits. We spent lots of time looking at the animals and exploring the special Blue Man Group exhibit before heading to my favorite restuarant (Molly's!!!) for lunch!
Looking at the turtles...
Playing with the bubbles...
Micah had fun too!
5 comments:
Do you use the Dr. Sears alternative schedule or something else? We want to do that with baby B so I'd love to hear what schedule you use!
#1 - We LOVE Dr. T, too!
#2- We had a similar day on Tuesday....midwide appointment followed by the Montshire! And diddo for Brad and Talia....I'm not sure who had more fun....
So fun!
Awww.... looks like so much fun! Love all the pics - the kids were so great at the doctor's! And the photo of Camden through the bubble is priceless! I want to go with you sometime and see him experience all that! (Can't wait til May!)
Lindsey I just found your blog from Lisa Logan, so lovely :) I LOVE the writing on the walls of your home a few posts back...ok,I actually teared up. I hope it's still going well :)
Ok, that bubble picture of Camden is AWESOME!!! Such fun pictures.
I wanted to pass on a Stylish Blogger award to ya! Have a wonderful week. http://www.notyouraveragemommy.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html
~Jess
Post a Comment