We love our little local library. We hadn't spent a great deal of time there until recently as I had a free membership to the bigger library about 15 minutes away since my sister worked there. We love that library too, but now that my free membership is up, we've been hitting up the local one here in town much more often. Visiting this library is a true small town experience. I have the hardest time trying to remember when they are open. It is only open various random times throughout the week (6:30-8:30pm on Mondays, 9:00-Noon on Wednesdays...), and some days it isn't open at all. The boys and I swung in together on Thursday thinking it opened at 12:00. We were planning a quick visit before heading over to meet Scott for lunch in the dining hall. Unfortunately, I had the time wrong and it didn't open until 12:30. Priscilla didn't care. She's been the librarian for as long as I can remember and she welcomed us right in and told us to make ourselves at home. Camden loves the children's room - it is bright, clean and welcoming and I really am impressed with their selection for a town of our size (around 2,000). He had so much fun exploring the toys and stuffed animals and read books by himself for about 20 minutes! I had to drag him out of there to go meet Scott! One thing I love is that this library still uses the old-fashioned system to check out books. No computers/technology needed. You give your name or patron number to the librarian and they pull the card out of the back of the book and stamp the duedate in there for you. It's kind of nice in this day and age to see a simplistic method that I remember from my childhood that still works and hasn't been replaced by all the new technology. Thank you Priscilla! We'll be back very soon!
Curious George!
I even got a little something for myself! :)
This boy LOVES books!
Sitting up all by himself!!
We're in a Little Critter phase...
Old School checkout system... (and we're only the 12th person to check it out since 1999!)
5 comments:
Love your little library! It's wonderful to support them...wish we had one around. Enjoy!
Super cute library -- much nicer than our hokey little children's section. Bob and Camden sure would have a good time together I think... Maybe you and Scott should take your boys out to the Baseball Hall of Fame this summer... or maybe some one of these days we'll be visiting the north shore... In the meantime we can enjoy spying on each other's lives this way :)
love the pic of camden in the big chair... soo cute. hope you love the jodi p. book... especially since you now practically know her after your celebrity sighting of her. :)
Oh my gosh, it's so cute! Is it still in the same place, the town hall near the school? It look so much nicer than when I was a kid. We love our visits to the library! It's always an adventure to see what Corbin picks.
Thanks Em and Jen! Angie - we would love to get the boys together some time...Bob is adorable! Erin - yep, it's in the same little white building by the school. They built an expansion a while back to house more of the town offices and the library took over a couple of those older rooms - it's super cute now!
Post a Comment