Thursday, October 13, 2011

29

Happy Birthday, Scott!!!

My handsome hubby turns 29 years old tomorrow!  WAHOO!! 
It's hard to believe that just one year ago, we hadn't even purchased our new home (let alone tear it down to the studs and rebuild it!), we had a two week old baby boy and were just getting adjusted to life as a family of four, you were beginning to expand your role at Proctor, but we had no idea how much new stuff you would be doing this year!  We've come a long way in one year!

Thank you for the hours and hours and hours you put into this beautiful home we have.  I'm so proud that this is ours and that we literally helped to make it into what it is today.  (Who knew you were so handy!  You continue to surprise and impress me!)

Thank you for being the most incredible Daddy in the world to our two boys.

Thank you for changing poopy diapers and cleaning the house and taking the time to wrestle and play with the boys and getting up at night to help with nighttime parenting - even though you work soooo hard at your job.

Thank you for pursuing God and for showing our boys what a Godly man looks like.

Thank you for loving me, even when I'm hard to love...for being committed to me, for challenging me, for being patient with me and my messier-than-you ways.


I love you so much!  Let's make the last year in our 20's a wonderful one! 
I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (early) birthday Scott! Thank you for loving my sister, for being such a great dad to my nephews, and for being YOU, such a great addition to our family! I am glad you were born!
xo,
Caren

Cindy said...

Great blog post, as always! Happy Birthday, Scott! Glad we got to see you briefly...

Lisa Logan said...

Every time I read anything that you write about Scott, he sounds EXACTLY like Jerry...so selfless, loving, and loyal! Though I don't think Jerry got the handyman gene...sadly. :)

Happy Birthday Scott! You have a lovely wife and a beautiful family.

Also, Lindsey--seriously...those arms...I just think you have great arms.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Linds! Love you too!

Lisa...so glad Jerry learned so much from me during our two years together at Gordon...he's a quick study...don't count out his handy-man skills yet...he just hasn't had the opportunity to shine...and yes, I do have a beautiful wife and family, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...