It's been a challenging few days in our house and sometimes I just can't even believe how hard parenting is! Especially parenting a toddler! Eeek! I feel so incredibly blessed that I have the opportunity to be a stay at home Mom. I really honestly am so lucky. But sometimes at the end of the day I look back and think...gosh...today was a battle and I am exhausted! I guess no one said parenting is easy. And the wonderful, rewarding moments always outweigh the moments when I want to cry...but phew, today I am wiped. I always feel tired and hungry too...and then I remembered today that my body is working like crazy as I am still nursing Micah multiple times a day and night.
In the middle of a rough day with Camden yesterday there was an uncharacteristically quiet moment and I peeked around the corner and he was sitting on the couch by himself reading his little children's Bible. It was such a good reminder for me to stop and remember to seek God all day, every day. I've been praying daily that the fruits of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control - Galatians 5:22) will be more evident in my life. Especially in how I raise my children.
I love my boys more than anything else in the entire world and I am SO blessed to be with them during these formative years...even when it's hard. Tonight after they both got out of the tubby they ran around the entire upstairs naked just cracking each other up. When I put Micah's football jammies on, Camden asked if he could wear his matching pj's so he and Micah could be twins. They love each other so much and they gave me a little gift there that I will treasure always. I love my boys.
3 comments:
I love you, thank you for being such a wonderful mother to our boys!
Awww... such sweet pictures! Love your sentiments about parenting. It's not easy, but it's so rewarding! God teaches us so much in all of it! Hang in there - you're doing a great job! And I hope you're thinking ahead about what you want to do on Friday to take a break!
Love, mom
I love your post! I feel so tired these days too. I find myself praying multiple times a day, "Lord, give me the energy I need/give me strength/I can't do this without you." Motherhood has been an incredible lesson in leaning on and trusting in God for me!
Post a Comment